When looking up diet advice on the internet one always gets the wrong idea that bananas are among the top 5 foods that should be avoided in weight loss plans and in keeping blood sugars low. Though most nutritionists recommend veggies and fruits as a natural diet for staying healthy and reducing calories, the use of bananas always does not get its due recognition in such diets. But in actuality, bananas play a very vital role in most weight loss programs.
A medium-sized banana has around 105 calories – 3 grams satiating fiber, 27 grams carbs, and just 14 grams of natural sugar. Though the 14 grams of sugar could be slightly high for diabetics, on the other hand, this is the best diet for a flat belly. However, it should be taken according to the prescribed diet as it is high in carbs and calories.
Why should I eat bananas, if you still haven’t figured it out? Here is a summary of how bananas can play an important role in weight loss plans:
- The banana is rich in glucose and hence its digestible sugar provides optimal energy during workouts and helps to replenish the depleted energy during a sweat session. Bananas are also potassium rich which enables to ward off dizziness and muscle cramps. This fruit can be taken along with a hard-boiled egg or tablespoon of almond butter for the best results.
- Bananas can diminish appetite and boost the body’s metabolism. However, if you want to keep your blood sugars low, then take care not to include other foods with sugar and carbs.
- Bananas can reduce bloated bellies naturally because they contain potassium which helps in water retention that causes bloated bellies.
- The thick peel in bananas protects it from being affected by pesticides when compared to other vegetables and fruits. Researchers say that pesticides add to the regular weight gain and hence suggest that one can swap the daily intake of apple, nectarine or peach for a small banana instead.
To answer the question of why I should eat bananas in a nutshell:
- Bananas can overcome depression
- Calcium loss at the time of urination can be counteracted with the banana.
- It helps to make the bones strong
- It relieves stress and improves the mood while regulating blood sugars.
- It helps to produce white blood cells, aids with weight loss and gives strength to the nervous system because of the presence of vitamin B-6 in high levels
- Bananas work with lowering the body temperatures and cooling you down during a hot day or when you have a fever
- Aids with constipation because of the high fibre content
A sum-up of the many natural remedies with bananas
- The high level of potassium in a banana can make you alert and smart when preparing for an exam. One banana before writing an exam provides added benefits.
- Bananas can prevent cancer of the kidney, protects eyes and builds up the bones by absorbing more calcium required for the body.
- If you are trying to get over the craving to smoke even after quitting, take one banana a day. This is rich in magnesium, potassium and B-vitamins that help in a speedy withdrawal effect from smoking.
So bananas are a nutrient-rich food with weight loss and multiple health benefits. It also comes in its own convenient natural packaging that makes it easy to grab on the go. We hope this article will help clear up some of the negative misconceptions about bananas.